- 6 slices prosciutto, sliced thinly
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup toasted, shelled pistachios, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh figs, any variety, firm to the touch and not overly ripe
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1/8 cup very thinly sliced red onion
Preheat grill to medium high.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place prosciutto slices flat on lined baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Crumble and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the orange juice and zest, vinegar, honey, mustard, pistachios, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Add the olive oil and whisk gently to combine, but not emulsify.
Cut the stems off figs and cut figs in half. Brush liberally with olive oil and place on very clean grill grates, cut sides down. Grill until beginning to caramelize and brown, about 2-4 minutes depending on their size. Remove and allow to cool (figs also can be broiled or pan fried - or just raw!).
When cool, cut each fig half in half again. Divide greens on plates, place figs on greens and drizzle vinaigrette over each salad. Top with prosciutto crumbles and onion slices. Serve!