Honey Harissa Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:PT35M20 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste (or powder mixed with 1 tablespoon olive oil)
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ preserved lemon, finely diced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ¼ cup golden raisins (optional)
- 38.34g olive oil, divided
- 25.56g honey
- 12.78g harissa paste (or powder mixed with 1 tablespoon olive oil)
- 907.18g Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- 0.5 preserved lemon, finely diced
- 118.29ml chopped parsley
- 12.78g minced shallot
- 59.15ml golden raisins (optional)
Harissa is a blended chile paste or powder from Tunisia. It has a spicy, smoky, aromatic flavor that brings foods to life. Paired with honey, it elevates Brussels sprouts to amazing.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, honey, and harissa paste in a bowl. Add sliced Brussels sprouts and salt to taste. Mix until nicely coated.
Spread sprouts evenly on a large baking sheet either coated with nonstick pan spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake brussels sprouts for about 15-20 minutes until nicely browned and slightly tender.
While sprouts bake make relish topping by mixing preserved lemon, parsley, shallot, raisins (if using), and remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl.
Transfer cooked sprouts to serving dish. Top with relish and serve.