Sesame Crusted Tuna
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:PT15M5 Minutes
- 4 (6 ounces) tuna fillets (Albacore or Ahi)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 (170.1g) tuna fillets (Albacore or Ahi)
- 25.56g soy sauce or tamari
- 25.56g white sesame seeds
- 25.56g black sesame seeds
- 25.56g oil
For a quick healthy dinner this crusted tuna is perfect. It’s fast to make and has bright fresh flavor. Serve it with a variety of sides for a satisfying meal any day of the week.
Pat tuna dry with paper towels. Brush tuna steaks with soy sauce on both sides.
Mix together sesame seeds in a shallow bowl or plate. Dredge each side of tuna in seeds.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking; sear tuna on each side and cook to desired doneness. About 1 – 1 ½ minutes per side for a nice rare pink center. Work in batches if needed to not overcrowd the pan.
Furikake can be a nice addition to sesame seeds for the crust if desired.
Serve on its own or with avocado slices, rice, quinoa, cooked vegetables, green salad tossed in a sesame ginger dressing, Asian-style noodle salad, wasabi, or pickled ginger.