Shakshuka Polenta Casserole
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:PT40M35 Minutes
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried polenta
- 32 ounces of your favorite spicy tomato sauce
- 6 eggs
- ¼ chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1419.53ml vegetable or chicken broth
- 2.13g salt
- 473.18ml dried polenta
- 907.18g of your favorite spicy tomato sauce
- 6 eggs
- 0.25 chopped fresh Italian parsley
Not your average casserole, this dish uses the creamy polenta as a base to carry rich spicy flavors. Unique ingredients, but with all the comfort and warmth you’d expect!
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring broth and salt to a boil in a medium stockpot. Reduce heat and slowly whisk in polenta. Simmer gently, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until mixture is very thick.
While polenta is cooking, warm tomato sauce.
Pour cooked polenta into an oiled 9x13 baking dish. Top with warm tomato sauce.
Use the back of a spoon or ladle to make 6 shallow wells on top. Gently crack an egg into each well. Bake 10-15 minutes or until egg whites are cooked and yolks are still runny.
Remove from oven, top with parsley and serve warm.