Hidden Mushroom Burger
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:PT30M15 Minutes
- ½ pound mushrooms (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 226.8g mushrooms (your choice)
- 12.78g cooking oil
- 453.59g lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 4.26g garlic powder
- 8.52g minced dried onion
- 4.26g salt
- 2.13g freshly ground pepper
Adding mushrooms to ground meat makes for a tender, moist, and extra-nutritious burger. Those who don’t like mushrooms will like these flavorful burgers.
Pulse mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped but not pureed.
Heat oil in small skillet and sauté mushrooms until they are golden brown and slightly dry. Place in a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
When cool, add ground beef, garlic powder, dried onion, salt and pepper.
Mix gently and form into 4-6 patties.
Pan fry or grill to desired doneness. Serve with your favorite burger fixings.