Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies
Prep Time:1 Hour
Cook Time:PT1H15M15 Minutes
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free all-purpose flour (your favorite or a 1:1, cup for cup)
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already contains)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (cold)
- ⅓ cup gluten-free molasses
- 414.03ml gluten free all-purpose flour (your favorite or a 1:1, cup for cup)
- 2.13g cream of tartar (optional)
- 2.13g baking soda
- 6.39g xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already contains)
- 2.13g ground cloves
- 8.52g cinnamon
- 6.39g ginger
- 1.07g salt
- 118.29ml cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 118.29ml brown sugar
- 1 egg (cold)
- 78.86ml gluten-free molasses
Everyone deserves the holiday tradition of gingerbread! Gluten won’t stand in our way.
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum (if needed), cloves, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Mix well.
Using a food processor or pastry cutter (or even your fingers or fork), cut in butter until mixture forms pea-sized crumbs.
In a small bowl, beat sugar, egg and molasses. Add to dry ingredients and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Form into a flat ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
Dust some parchment paper with gluten free flour or confectioner’s sugar. Unwrap and place dough onto dusted paper and dust the top as well. (The use of parchment is optional, but can help with sticking)
Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out desired shapes. Take scraps and re-roll, to get a few more cookies.
Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate as desired.