Teriyaki Steak and Cold Noodle Salad
Prep Time:30 Minutes
Cook Time:PT45M15 Minutes
- 4 (8 ounces) steaks of choice
- 1 ½ cups teriyaki sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon Asian hot chile sauce, or to taste
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh Asian-style noodles, rinsed (or soba or spaghetti noodles cooked al-dente and cooled)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 (226.8g) steaks of choice
- 354.88ml teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2.13g Asian hot chile sauce, or to taste
- 118.29ml peanut butter
- 118.29ml chicken broth
- 453.59g fresh Asian-style noodles, rinsed (or soba or spaghetti noodles cooked al-dente and cooled)
- 12.78g sesame oil
- 473.18ml packaged coleslaw mix
- 118.29ml thinly sliced green onion
- 12.78g toasted sesame seeds
Getting a good char on steak is easy with this sweet and tangy teriyaki marinade. This salad can be thrown together while the steak marinates for 30 minutes.
Place steaks in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add 1 cup teriyaki sauce and seal bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Lay flat and marinate for 20-30 minutes, flipping bag over halfway through.
In a small saucepan, stir together remaining 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, chile sauce, peanut butter and chicken broth. Stir over low heat until just smooth and well combined. Allow to cool.
In a large salad bowl, toss noodles with sesame oil, then add coleslaw mix and sauce, toss and chill in the refrigerator.
Remove steaks from marinade and grill to desired doneness. Rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks and serve over noodle salad, topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
Requires 20-30 minutes for marinating.