Butternut Squash and Salmon Cakes
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:PT45M30 Minutes
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 (6 ounces) cans of salmon (or 12 ounces cooked and cooled)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup butternut squash, steamed and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 59.15ml panko breadcrumbs
- 25.56g chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 (170.1g) cans of salmon (or 12 ounces cooked and cooled)
- 78.86ml thinly sliced green onions
- 236.59ml butternut squash, steamed and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 59.15ml flour
- 12.78g avocado or olive oil
- 1.07g salt
- 1.07g black pepper
- 8.52g garlic powder
- 8.52g onion powder
Who says crab cakes get to have all the fun? These combine butternut squash and salmon to create a creamy, crunchy experience where every bite is full of flavor.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased foil or parchment paper.
Combine panko and 1 tablespoon of the fresh parsley in a shallow bowl and set aside.
Open the cans of salmon, and fully drain the liquid.
Add the cooked or canned salmon to a large bowl and flake well with a fork. Add the green onion, butternut squash, eggs, flour, oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Mix well to fully combine.
Form the mixture into small patties, and gently place in the panko mixture, turning to lightly coat. Place the breaded patties on the baking sheet and repeat to use all of the salmon mixture. You should have about 11-12 patties.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
Remove from the oven and top with remaining chopped parsley. Serve with a dip of your choice like an aioli or tartar sauce.