- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1/2 cup mushroom or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Heat oil in a pan and add shallot. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sauté until wilted and browned, approximately 8 minutes.
Add garlic and thyme and cook an additional 3 minutes. Pour in Marsala and reduce by half. Add broth. Cook to reduce by half.
Remove pan from heat and add cream and butter. Return to medium heat and continue to cook for 3 more minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in parsley.