- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 cups assorted mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked wild rice blend
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Heat oil in stock pot over medium-high heat; add carrots, celery, onion, garlic and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add the chicken, rice and broth; heat through.
In a bowl combine cream, sour cream, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Add mixture to warm soup. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.