- 1/2 cup amaranth (Bulk Foods)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch salt
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until amaranth is tender but not mushy and cereal has thickened slightly. Serve warm.
This recipe is a great platform for your own variations:
- Top with fresh or dried fruit
- For a little crunch, add some nuts or seeds
- Add 1/4 cup grated apple or pear and a dash of cinnamon
- Mix some grated carrot in with the fruit for a veggie boost
- Substitute honey, maple syrup or agave for the brown sugar.
To make with cow’s milk or coconut milk, substitute water for half the liquid.