As per Governor Inslee’s orders, effective June 26, 2020, masks will be required when entering public spaces such as stores, offices and restaurants, and outdoors when you cannot maintain a six-foot distance from others.
- Why? Public health experts agree that face coverings are an important tool in preventing COVID-19 and research is showing that widespread use is effective in minimizing community spread of the virus. The more people wear masks, the safer we all are.
- What if I don’t have a mask? If you don’t have a mask, we are happy to give you one. You may also use any cloth covering that can cover your nose and mouth with a couple layers of fabric, such as a bandana or scarf.
- Are there exceptions? Children five years of age or younger are not required to wear a mask. However, it is encouraged to have children ages 3-5 years old wear face coverings. Some people are exempt from wearing a mask due to medical conditions that would make it unsafe for them to do so.
- What should I do if I see someone who isn’t wearing a mask? Nothing. As noted above, some people have health conditions that prevent them from wearing masks safely. We will require all our customers to abide by the governor’s order and wear a mask in our markets but will accommodate those who are exempt due to medical reasons. This is also true of our employees.
- Do I still need to practice social distancing if wearing a mask? Face coverings significantly reduce the risk of transmitting the virus to others but does not eliminate it entirely. So it’s still important to maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others when in public, even when wearing a mask.
- How can I shop for groceries if I cannot or choose not to wear a mask? We now offer online ordering in our markets, where most of our items are available for delivery or pickup. Visit your market’s link in the ‘Online Ordering’ section below for more information.
You can find more information about this new mask mandate on the Washington Department of Health website here: https://bit.ly/3fV8KTx