- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup gochujang
- 1 ounce ground ginger
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 serrano chili, diced
- 1 Thai red chili, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (12-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup pork ramen stock
In a large bowl, combine garlic, green onions, ground pork, five-spice, sesame oil, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, gochujang and ginger. Set aside for 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
In the meantime, sauté diced red pepper, serrano chili, Thai red chili and onion for five minutes in a large soup pot. Add the ground pork mixture and cook until the pork is cooked through.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and pork ramen stock and let simmer for three hours.