- 1 turkey carcass
- 2 quarts plus about 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 4 cups diced turkey, mixed dark and white meat
- 2 cups each diced onion, carrot and celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups egg noodles
Add carcass to a large stock pot with the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, turning the carcass every 15 minutes and skimming any foam off the top. Remove carcass from pan until cool enough to handle. Pick any remaining meat from the carcass and return to the pan along with the 4 cups meat, vegetables and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Return to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
Add the desired quantity of noodles and boil 15-20 minutes or until tender. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
The quantity of noodles really depends on if you like a lot of noodles or not. Keep in mind, the noodles will continue to absorb the broth and if you add too many you will have a pot of noodles.
Fresh noodles work great and only take 3 minutes to cook. Or use rice instead of pasta, and adjust the cooking time accordingly.