- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons Sherry
- 2 cups whole milk, heated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cans solid white tuna, drained, flaked
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Butter a 9X13-inch casserole. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Add butter to the same pan and sauté onion and celery. Add the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Slowly add heated milk and sherry and whisk until thickened. Add cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked mushrooms and half of the cheese and tuna. Combine with cooked noodles and place in the casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.