- Vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 (3-inch) piece lemongrass, very thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-oz.) pieces halibut or cod fillet, skin removed
- 3 cups (packed) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat bottom of pan with oil. Add shallot and sauté, stirring frequently, until it starts to brown. Add curry paste; stir constantly for about 30 seconds, or until it becomes fragrant. Add lemongrass and red bell pepper and stir for 30 seconds longer. Add broth and coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Add halibut to pan; spoon sauce over to coat. Cover pan and simmer for about 7 minutes. Add spinach and stir gently to combine. Simmer for 3-5 minutes longer, or until halibut is cooked through and spinach is wilted. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with green onions.
Serve with steamed rice.