- 3 cups refried beans (about 2 cans or tubs)
- 1 pound prepared tamales (thawed if frozen)
- 2 cups prepared enchilada sauce or prepared salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and fresh cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish. Spread refried beans over bottom of dish. Remove corn husks from tamales and slice into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Layer sliced tamales over beans.
Pour sauce or salsa over tamales and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Serve topped with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro.