- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, diced, cooked, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup orange juice, with pulp
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and spices (including salt).
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, zest, carrot and vanilla. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes or until tops are just slightly browned.
Let cool slightly in pan before removing to cool completely on a rack.