- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pitted green or black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese to garnish
Combine tomatoes, onion, olives, garlic, herbs, capers, pepper flakes, vinegar and oil in a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Let sit at room temperature for 3 hours, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss with tomato sauce.
Serve topped with cheese.