- 1 cup (uncooked) wild rice mix or mixed-grain pilaf, cooked according to package instructions (for best flavor, use chicken or vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium acorn squash (or your favorite winter squash), halved and seeded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine prepared wild rice mix or mixed grain pilaf with rosemary, walnuts, cranberries and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Place squash cut side up in a lightly oiled baking dish (trim bottom to get them to sit flat). Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Fill generously with stuffing.
Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer, or until squash is tender.