- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (add more for sweeter crepes or if strawberries are tart)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar (add more if desired)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 4 whole strawberries and mint to garnish
Beat cream in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, ginger, sugar and orange zest. Fold cheese mixture into whipped cream a third at a time. Fold in the strawberries. For sauce, add the juice to a saucepan. Mix the sugar with the cornstarch and whisk into the juice to dissolve. Place pan over medium heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Let cool. Add to a blender with the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
To assemble, divide strawberry cream mixture between four crepes. Roll up burrito style and drizzle with sauce. Make 3-5 slices in the remaining four berries from the tip to base (not all the way through). Fan the berry and place one on top of each crepe with a small sprig of mint.