- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) portions of your favorite steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
- Chopped lettuce
- 4 of your favorite large, crusty sandwich rolls, toasted
Combine onion, vinegar and sugar in a mixing bowl. Toss together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes.
Brush steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare).
Let steaks rest for at least 5 minutes, then slice thinly against grain.
To assemble sandwiches, layer each roll with steak, onions, blue cheese, tomatoes and lettuce.
Enjoy immediately, or wrap tightly in plastic for a picnic!