- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce or other sauce of your choice
- 4 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- (Or use your favorite spice rub)
Butterfly the tenderloin by splitting lengthwise nearly all the way through, so the halves remain attached. Open like a book, cover with plastic wrap or butcher paper and pound to 1-inch thickness with a meat mallet or the bottom of a small skillet.
To make the rub, mix the seven dry ingredients with the oil.
Massage the rub into the meat on all surfaces.
Grill over direct heat. Cook tenderloins, turning once, basting with barbecue sauce after the meat is nicely browned. Total cooking time is 6-8 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145°F in the center.
Let rest 5 minutes. Serve with additional barbecue sauce if desired.
May be pan-fried over medium-high heat for the same amount of time.