- 1 tablespoon oil for browning
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups green salsa of your choice
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cans white beans of your choice, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Plain Greek yogurt for garnish (optional)
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil and heat until shimmering. Add pork cubes and season lightly with salt and pepper. Brown very well on all sides.
Add onion and cook until onion is limp. Add garlic and stir-fry about one minute. Add broth, salsa, pumpkin, beans, cumin, chipotle powder and salt.
Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Pour into bowls and top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, if desired.