- 1 pound ripe apricots, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- 1 canned chipotle chile, minced fine, seeds and sauce included; or 1 heaping teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar, brown sugar, or honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Season well with salt and pepper, and adjust acidity with lime juice or vinegar if needed.
For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Goes well with most chicken, pork and seafood. Also delicious with tortilla chips (add chopped avocado). For less heat, use ancho chile powder in place of the chipotle powder. This salsa is highly adaptable for other stone fruit such as peaches, nectarines, plums, pluots, etc. – whatever is in season.