- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp meat
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2-1 firm avocado, cut in large chunks
- 1/2 cup diced tomatillo
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large orange
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to tase
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except orange and sugar.
Over a separate bowl, segment orange over strainer to catch any juice in the bowl. Slice orange segments in half and add to shrimp mixture.
Add sugar to orange juice and whisk until dissolved. Add 3 tablespoons of sweetened juice to salad and toss to combine, being careful not to mash the avocado.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or wrapped in a tortilla.