- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 (9-ounce) bags spinach
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 200°F.
Heat half of the vegetable oil and half of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until leaves wilt, about 2-3 minutes. Add soy sauce, sesame seeds and salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Remove from skillet and place in oven to keep warm. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Add remaining oils to the skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Sear scallops until dark golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Serve on a bed of the spinach.