- 8 large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon each olive oil and canola oil, plus extra for brushing
- 3-4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced and cooked until crisp
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
Brush scallops lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
When oil is hot, add scallops to pan. Cook until golden on one side, then turn.
Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
Add wine and bring to a boil.
Add bacon and cream and return to boil. Add parsley.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.