- 8 cups dried bread stuffing
- 1 1/2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups diced baking apple
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Spray bottom of deep baking pan (such as a lasagna pan) with nonstick spray. Pour in stuffing, onion, marjoram, sage, sweet potato, ham and apple. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and half-and-half with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Pour over the bread mixture. Press down on bread several times to prevent it from floating, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place foil-covered pan in oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 30 minutes, until custard is almost set. Sprinkle both cheeses over top and bake for about 10 minutes more, or until browned on top.