- 1 (1 1/2 -1 3/4 lbs) pork tenderloin or 4 pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons each unsalted butter and olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot or sweet onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar,
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large or 2 small ripe-but-firm peach(es) cut into 8 wedges.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or tarragon
- Pinch of red chili flakes, optional
- Sprinkle of crumbled feta to garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 375°F.
If using tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch thick medallions. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and dredge in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon each butter and oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Pork should be golden but not quite cooked through. Remove from pan to a plate and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter, oil and shallot. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and wine and reduce by half. Add cream and return pork to the pan with any juices. Snuggle peach wedges around pork and sprinkle with chili flakes. Bake for about 5 minutes more or until internal temperature reads 145°F.
Garnish with basil and feta as desired.