- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 pound)
- Big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Chili pepper flakes to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Wash and trim the tough ends of the broccolini.
Bring a large sauce pan of water (about 8 cups) to a boil and add 2 tablespoons kosher salt.
Fill a large bowl with ice water.
Blanch the broccolini for 2 minutes, then plunge into ice water and drain. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add zest and broccolini. Season with salt, black pepper and chili pepper, toss to coat. Cook for about 4 minutes to heat through. Remove to a serving bowl, squeeze on lemon juice, sprinkle with pine nuts and Parmesan. Adjust seasoning and serve.