- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned and pin-boned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Sliced and toasted baguette
In a saucepan, bring wine and shallot to boil. Reduce heat to low and add fresh salmon. Poach until the pieces are just opaque in the center, approximately five minutes.
Transfer pieces to a plate lined with paper towels to drain liquid. Strain remaining liquid from saucepan and set shallot aside. Place salmon and shallot in a large, loosely-covered bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Add smoked salmon, mayonnaise, chives, and lemon juice to the bowl.
Gently combine ingredients just enough to break up salmon pieces, being careful not to over mix.
Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Cover and chill.
Serve on toasted slices of baguette.