- 2 1/2-3 pounds ribs cut into 1-2 rib pieces, or country-style ribs
- 1 teaspoon each salt, black pepper and garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sauerkraut, not drained
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 teaspoon caraway or fennel seed
Heat oven to 450˚F.
Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in large roasting pan. Bake until browned, turning once, (about 30 minutes).
When ribs are browned, remove from pan to a plate. Combine onion, sauerkraut, apple juice and caraway or fennel seeds in a large bowl. Pour this mixture into the roasting pan and top with the browned ribs. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F.
Cover loosely with foil and bake until ribs are tender, about 1-1 1/2 hours more.