- 16 large asparagus spears, tough ends removed, rinsed and dried
- 16 paper-thin prosciutto slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spread olive oil in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Wrap each asparagus spear in one slice of prosciutto and place in the baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp and the prosciutto is done to your liking.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
If your asparagus is thin, wrap three stalks into one slice of prosciutto.
This is a great appetizer or delicious side dish for grilled steak or salmon.