- 3/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (3-5 pounds)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
Whisk together the molasses, olive oil, lemon juice garlic, mint, rosemary, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour half of the mixture in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag or large dish, reserving the remaining marinade for the glaze.
Untie the lamb and trim fat. Place in the bag or dish with marinade, and leave for four hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove lamb from marinade. Heat reserved marinade in a saucepan until hot. Retie the lamb and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes per pound, basting frequently with the warm marinade, or until a meat thermometer registers 145°F (for medium rare). Let rest 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top and serve, passing hot marinade.