- 4 medium-size Hatch chiles
- 1/2 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 teaspoon chili or taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Our Own Pico de Gallo, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
Arrange chiles on a baking sheet or roasting pan and place under broiler. Roast chiles on all sides until skin is blistering. Remove from broiler and let cool.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef or pork. Add salt, pepper and chili or taco seasoning. Brown well, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add Pico de Gallo. Cook one minute longer and remove skillet from heat.
Cut chiles lengthwise into halves. Do not cut tops off. Remove seeds with a spoon. Evenly distribute the pork or beef mixture between the chile halves. Top each chile with shredded cheese.
Return chiles to broiler and heat just to melt cheese. Remove from oven and top each chile with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro. Serve immediately.