- 1 cup French green lentils, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 2 large handfuls spinach or arugula
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian vinaigrette, or to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch red chili pepper, or to taste
In a large bowl, mix together still-warm lentils and quinoa.
Stir in spinach.
When greens are slightly wilted from heat (about 2 minutes), add remaining ingredients.
Serve warm or chilled.
This salad is great when made the day before.