- 1 baguette sliced into about 18 pieces one inch wide
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup honey to taste
- 10 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 thin slices fresh fruit per bread slice (such as peaches, nectarines, melon, apple or pear)
- Olive oil to brush onto bread
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Brush bread slices with olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes or until browned and toasted (can also be done on a grill).
Mix the honey with the ricotta cheese and spread about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each piece of toast. Tear the prosciutto into strips and mound on cheese. Top each with three slices of fruit.
Drizzle with additional honey, if desired.
Tip: The ricotta-honey mixture is a tasty base for all kinds of toppings. Try topped with bacon and arugula, or sliced tomato and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.