- 1 pound fresh, wide, rice noodles (such as Sha Ho Fon)
- 1/4 cup Thai dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grated palm sugar
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped collard greens or kale
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup baby corn, halved diagonally
- 3 eggs, beaten with a dash of fish sauce
Prepare noodles by heating them for four minutes in the microwave, in their package, until they’re warm enough to separate easily. Don’t try to unravel individual noodles until they heat up in the sauté process. Set aside.
Combine soy sauce and palm sugar in a large bowl until sugar dissolves. Place rice noodles in mixture and toss to combine. Set aside.
Heat wok over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. When hot, add garlic and stir until toasted. Add collards and water and stir until wilted; then add carrot and corn and stir for one minute.
Add noodle mixture to wok and stir constantly until heated through. Push everything in pan to one side and pour eggs into empty side. Stir eggs until set but still soft, then stir eggs into noodles. Serve hot.