- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 generous tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons minced Thai basil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons minced cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons powdered coconut milk (in Asian Foods area)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons minced lemongrass
- 3 teaspoons minced galangal or fresh gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 small Thai chili, minced (or to taste)
- 4 toasted burger buns
Combine mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon Thai basil, 2 teaspoons cilantro and lime juice.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and work together by hand.
Form into four patties.
Brush lightly with oil and grill or broil until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Serve on toasted buns topped with basil mayonnaise.
For a little crunch, top with shredded napa cabbage and thinly sliced cucumber.