- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 pound andouille or linguica, sliced in half lengthwise then sliced again
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 pound mixed seafood, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley, plus more to garnish
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more to garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, sausage and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft and sausage is starting to brown. Add clam juice and wine and reduce by half. Add pasta sauce and parsley. Cook until heated through. At this point, timing is crucial to ensure seafood is done at same time as pasta. Simmer sauce until pasta is almost done. If using only bagged, pre-cooked seafood, add and heat for 5 minutes. If using raw seafood, place longest-cooking pieces in pan first and keep adding seafood until everything is in pot and cooked or heated through. Add cheese and lemon juice just before serving over pasta, garnished with more cheese and parsley.
Double recipe to feed a crowd.