- 1 1/2 pounds chuck, round or top round steak
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
Cut meat into four pieces. Pound steak lightly with a meat mallet.
Mix together flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat meat with flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large pan with a lid. Add meat and cook until well browned. Remove from pan.
Add mushrooms and onions to pan and sauté until golden. Return meat to pan and add tomatoes and broth. Cover pan and simmer gently until meat is very tender, about one hour