+ Add to Shopping List
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced very small
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, diced very small
- 1 medium carrot, diced very small
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup fresh (not dried) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently until vegetables are tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Remove from pan and cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine vegetables with bread crumbs, eggs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.* Add ground beef and pork and work together gently by hand until just combined. Form into an oval loaf iIn a shallow casserole dish or on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil. Brush ketchup over top. Bake, uncovered, about one hour or until internal temperature reaches at least 155°F.
*Tip: To check seasoning, make a one-inch patty and microwave for about 30 seconds until cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Recipe from Central Market Mill Creek - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.