- 1 pound fillet ahi tuna, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound haricots vert
- Butter, red leaf or oak leaf lettuce to serve (or your favorite lettuce)
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Niçoise olives
- Your favorite prepared balsamic vinaigrette to taste
- 4 hard cooked eggs, sliced into rounds
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove tuna from refrigerator to warm on kitchen counter. Cut potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
Wash haricots verts and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook beans with potatoes in oven for last 5 minutes of baking.
While potatoes are baking, sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a pan over high heat. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Remove from pan and set aside.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter. In a large bowl, mix together tuna, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes and olives. Gently toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Arrange on lettuce and garnish with eggs.