- 3 pounds ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6-8 ounces packaged crispy fried onions
- 24 slider buns, Hawaiian rolls or biscuits, split in half
Mix ground beef with salt and pepper and form into 24 2-oz. patties.
Sauté mushrooms in oil on medium-high heat. Cook until golden brown and soft. Set aside.
Cook beef patties 4-5 minutes on one side, then flip and top with half-slice of Swiss cheese. Continue cooking until patties reach 160°F and cheese is melted.
Lightly toast buns and spread both sides with mayonnaise. Layer from bottom with sautéed mushrooms, cooked patty and onion crisps.
Delicious served with pickled asparagus.