- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk (or whole cow, soy
- or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking or steel-cut)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots or sweet potato
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
- 2/3 cup dried fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
Heat oven to 350⁰F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and butter. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set in the center.
Serve warm topped with milk.
For on-the-go breakfast prep, bake in a well-greased muffin tin, cool 5-10 minutes in the tin then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month.