- 1 cup prepared limeade (1 1/2 cups if not using rum)
- 3/4 cup light rum (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1 cup club soda
- 40 fresh mint leaves, divided; plus 4 sprigs to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar if you like your drink a little sweet
- 4 high ball glasses
Place five mint leaves in the bottom of each glass. Fill glasses with ice. Add remaining 20 mint leaves to a pitcher and fill half full with ice. Add the limeade, rum, lime juice and sugar (if using). Muddle (mash) to crush the mint leaves to release their oils and dissolve the sugar (this can be done with the back of a wooden spoon). Divide between the glasses and add 1/4 cup of club soda to each glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint. Alternately, eliminate club soda and make it sparkling on your own: Add the limeade, rum and lime juice to a designated Twist and Sparkle® container. Carbonate per package instructions and pour into glasses.