- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4-5 slices aged cheddar cheese, cut in one-inch squares
- Green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, minced onion, salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Roll the mixture into one-inch meatballs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
Top each ball with a piece of cheese and bake until the cheese is just melted. With a toothpick, first skewer a small piece of folded lettuce, then a tomato half and finally a meatball with melted cheese.
Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.