- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon each chopped, fresh dill and parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Olive oil for brushing
Make a spice paste by pulsing the panko and walnuts in a food processor, then adding the onion, smoked paprika, mint, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, dill and parsley, salt and pepper. Pulse to combine.
Place the spice paste and beef into a bowl. Mix them together with your hands until just combined.
Form into eight 1/2-inch thick patties. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Heat the grill. Brush patties with olive oil and grill about four minutes per side.