- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked, shredded turkey
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Corn chips or flour tortillas, to serve
Place broth, garlic, jalapeños and onion in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add tomatoes, cilantro and turkey and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Put soup in bowls and garnish with avocado.
Serve with lime wedges and chips or tortillas.